4th of July Craft: Child's Ribbon Crown


Create a festive ribbon crown for your little patriotic princess. This craft can be adapted for any occasion by changing your ribbon colors. Halloween, Valentine's day, Princess-themed Birthday Party...


I created the hoop from the heavy duty plastic strapping material found on furniture or shelf packaging. I roughly measured my daughters head with the strapping material. I overlapped the strapping material and taped it together in sections all around the circle to secure it. The material is wrapped exactly once on top of itself. This made the hoop stiffer. 

I imagine you could use an old glow-stick necklace. Just glue the ends to the plastic connector so it stays in a circle. Cut your ribbon or tulle and tie them onto your hoop. Make sure you fill in to create a nice full look. Tie a long section onto the back.

I'll post a picture tomorrow of one of my peanuts wearing it.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Great idea and nice that you can customize it for any holiday or color preference. I'm curious to know how much ribbon it took to make one.

Mama King said...

Katie, it took almost 5 - 3 yard spools of ribbon. If you used a wider ribbon or tulle it would require much less. All my tulle is packed so I bought this ribbon at Walmart for $1 a spool.

Mama King said...

This would be a good project to use up all the random bits of ribbon you might have. I have tons!

MaryAnne said...

This is such a cute idea, I love the versatility of it too :)

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs